Tuesday 7 July 2009

Packing for the road trip


Well today is the day that the long road trip is comencing, dad is enroute to me in Norfolk on train/coach and then we both travel to Carlton Colville to Mike (Father-in-law) for the night. Early ish start tomorrow for the ferry at Harwich 0900 and we stay in Holland tomorrow night Zevenaar. Then Thursday down the rest of the way to Roth, we are staying in a place just south of Roth called Heideck only just under 10miles from race HQ.

I need to start getting kit laid out and going through my race check list mmmmm an endless list that is. Had a quiet night on station last night but woke at 0545, I suppose it is the nerves or excitment starting to take over. Weird because I have done triathlons now for 18 yrs and thought I would be used to it by now. Like I say this is the real thing Ironman and it is spending the day in water, on bike or pounding the streets on the run or is it walk. Positive thinking, Zone, Focus.............


No comments: