Monday 11 May 2009

Suffolk 100 mile Bike

Well yesterday was one of the longest rides I have ever done, so new challenges on fitness and also nutrition use. Things went really well it was not a race it was a fun ride for upto 400 people raising money for Action Medical Research Group.
At mile 15 we had to stop and climb on board a ferry to get to the other side at Felixstow, interesting and different, like I said it is not a race. I had arranged for "support crew" family to meet me at mile 63, which was a good point to have a fuel stop and enjoy the fantastic weather. Getting going was tough after that, but got going and back into my rythyme. Mile 90 was where I started to fall a bit dropped in avg speed to 14mph and just poodled home to finish in 5:34:17hr avg 17.9mph.
Reasonably happy with my efforts, 8 weeks to go and will need to get few more miles into my legs just to get me home for the 112miles of the Ironman bike course.


No comments: