Monday 4 July 2011

Norwich Sprint Triathlon

Race time again and good to be back, after a steady week of active recovery from Reedham 10km I was keen to and ready to be back and racing again.  Norwich Sprint Triathlon was on the cards on Sunday, 750m Swim, 18km Bike, 5.5km Run


My Swim went really well and managed to find clear water and also pick up the leaders feet early into the swim (12:22min).  Exiting the water down by 20sec I soon clawed this back as I powered through transition in a mere 34seconds, to mount the bike back with the leader.  I struggled to get the bike going as there was a tightness in my gluets, purhaps the after effects of the ITB issues.  Through out the bike I managed to keep a 30sec gap of the leader, to come into T2 2nd place and 3rd was 4min back so comfortably in 2nd. (29:05min)  Once out of T2 I managed to get into reasonable pace running, with the run being off road through woods and 5.5km.  The sun was out and getting warm but once again I like heat.  Not making much gain to 1st the gap pretty much stayed the same with 1st running 8seconds faster than me.  (23:03min).

All in all I was very happy with my performance other than the bike not being being able to role as normal, due to me rather than the bike.  The bike itself was a promo bike from   www.streetlifecycles.co.uk I was asked to ride the Ridley TT/Triathlon Bike, Phaeton T....... full report on bike to come.

No comments: