Tuesday 26 October 2010

Low mileage High Intensity

With 2010 season being an adventerous one, it has only just begun, Ironman, Crash in Seychelles Tour.  For most athletes living in the UK winter starts and training slows down, not for this year.  Earlier this year I was given the opportunity to go and ride in the Mid Year Tour in Seychelles for the cycling Federation to see how I ride, or should I say crash.  However I have seemed to impressed the Federation to select me to make up the team to go to the Africa Cycling Champs in Kigali, Rwanda.  10 Nov Team Time Trial, 12 Nov Individual TT and 14th Nov Road Race.  This is an amazing opportunity to add to my sporting CV and also to represent my country at a high level of sporting event.  Trying to travel with a bike on airlines is costly enough but with me taking TT bike and road bike I await for the bill or sponsorship from Kenyan Airways.

Only a week ago I received a text message from the Seychelles Team Manager asking me if I was available to stay on in Rwanda for the Tour of Rwanda to ride in a team of 6 riders from Seychelles.  Once again an opportunity very difficult to decline, however with a 9 stage tour being on the back end of the Africa Champs family are starting to miss me already. www.tourofrwanda.com/

http://www.tourofrwanda.com/

No comments: